The fourth project meeting, initially planned to take place in Wolfsburg, hosted by our project partner Volkswagen AG was held online on the 13th of May 2020 due to COVID-19. The project is moving forward steadily, although some delay in the scheduled tasks may occur due to this exceptional situation.
For instance, regarding events attendance the impact is evident. Several events where the presence of the project was planned have been canceled or postponed to 2021. This worldwide crisis is impacting on the D&C activities by delaying several actions linked to conference participation and papers submission as is the case of:
- WCX SAE World Congress Experience 2020. April 21-23rd, Detroit, USA. A conference paper, entitled AI Enhanced Methods for Virtual Prediction of Short Circuit in Full vehicle Crash Scenarios, was submitted to this event. Unluckily the conference was canceled. However, the conference paper is available on UPSCALE’s ResearchGate profile.
- SIMVEC-VDI Congress 2020, Baden-Baden, Germany. An abstract of the project was submitted as well to this congress, but due to Covid-19, it has been postponed to 2021.
- JSAE Annual Spring Congress 2020, 20-22nd May 2020. Yokohama, Japan. An abstract was presented and accepted, nevertheless, congress was canceled.
- TRA2020, 27-30th April 2020, Helsinki, Finland. Attendance to this event was not foreseen. However, EGVIA had planned to distribute a brochure with information related to EGVI selected projects (2018-2019), including a profile on the UPSCALE.
- ECCOMAS2020, 19-24th July 2020, Paris, France. Attendance at this event was foreseen. Congress was canceled.